Friday, January 22, 2010

Is It Summer Yet????

Im seriously so sick of the winter time....we have had THE WORST winter EVER!!!! Starting the end of October, we have been sick non-stop...it all started with the "swine" flu..which was awful, Hallie did not get out of bed for a solid week, Tracen also got it but not as bad, his was more of a croupy thing....but we managed to get through that...and thought to ourselves ok, we have that done with now we will get a break. Oh no, Then Hallie came down with a stupid regular cold, only lasted 5 days or so. Then the day before Thanksgiving Tracen woke up with a fever, (yes the day before Brandts favorite holiday) I took him into the dr. they said he was ok, and could still go to dinner, but that was awful, he cried and cried, the entire time..which then gives me anxiety cause I dont know what to do for him, since I have no idea what is wrong...Needless to say that only lasted a a couple days, then he was happy again. We then got a couple weeks of being healthy, but we had the stress of christmas, and money, and shopping...Does anyone feel like Christmas is just way too much??? Anyways, moving on, On Dec 12th, we were supposed to attend Brandts Grandma Phyls, bowling christmas party...which she was totally excited about and so were we, but the night of the 11th, Hallie woke up VIOLENTLY throwing up, and those of you that know Hallie, you know that when she starts she cant stop...I seriously laid in bed with her all night with a bucket, that got filled many many times....Ok so anyway, she gets sick, and it lasted with her for about 4 to 5 days...we ended up giving her phenegrin..(dont know how to spell it) Well just as she is getting better Tracen comes down with it, and He is normally a pretty easy sick kid, but not this time, he was actually worse than Hallie...Non-stop throwing up, to the point where we almost took him to the hospital, and its usually Hallie that ends up going. We decided to give him the phenegrin too. He was better for one day, and then the next day which was a Friday, I woke up with the throw ups and Tracen started with it again....By this point Im seriously going NUTS..But I just pray and pray that I as a mom can have the strength to take care of everyone, and that I can know it will soon pass...so the prayer worked and we got through it..Although I cried A TON, and ended up on new medication for depression, I did get through it. So by this time Im now thinking ok, we have had EVERYTHING, we made it through christmas, and new years, we can make it through the rest of the winter. Oh boy did I think wrong...3 1/2 weeks after having the stomach flu, Hallie comes down with a cough, 105 fever, aches, etc. etc. Then the rest of us got it, pretty sure its the real INFLUENZA cause Tracen decided he should throw up a few times with his. This my friends is what we are dealing with in the Judd house right now, The FLU...OH MY HELL....I have held up pretty good, until Tracen started puking, thats when I lost it.

But anyways with all that said, (typed) I got an email from Danica the other day, it was titled "Jesus" and Im going to be straight honest with you I didnt open it for a few days, I dont open alot of forward messages right away, but today as I was sitting her feeling sorry for myself I decided I might as well open it...and I wish so bad I could copy and paste it on here, cause it says so much. But I couldnt get it to work. Anyway, it was about the suffering and crucifiction of Jesus, and all that he went through for us. And I thought to myself, We are sick, that is all, we arent going to die, and we will get over it, and it will pass, and we will still be alive and together as a family. I realized Im not as strong as I want to be for my kids, I need to hold myself together, and deal with the daily challenges life throws our way, even though I think I have my fair share..I need to be strong like Jesus, and just deal with it for my kids, and be strong for my kids, just like Jesus was strong, as he was hanging on the cross. I need to be more like him. Today I have prayed and prayed for the strength to get through yet another sickness, and to be strong for my family...I have to be, Im the MOM right?
I hope this post makes sense, I kind of just kept typing cause things just kept popping into my head. If it doesnt Im sorry.
So my New Years Resolution, even though Im making it late, is to be more like Jesus, and to be more like my amazing MOM...I dont know what I would do without you Mom, thanks so much for everything.

3 comments:

Richins Family said...

Oh Chels! I am so sorry. I hate to have sick kids - being sick yourself on top of that can not be easy. I hope that you all get better soon, and that all of the sickness leaves your sweet little family soon! Hang in there. You are an awesome mom and are alot like yours. Let me know if you need anything!

Jill said...

Chels,
You are a wonderful daughter. It has been a rough winter. Things will look up. We don't realize how important health is until we are sick. I love you...
Mom

NandM said...

Chels. Hope that things start getting better at your place. If you need help painting let me know. I LOVE to paint. I think I am going to do my bathrooms after I do Nate's man cave. You are such a great mom. I see you out with your kids playing and wish I could be more like you!! Chin up. This too shall pass. (Or so they say)